Mahone Bay Tourism & Chamber of Commerce (MBTCC) and their Board of Directors seek an individual(s) to fulfill two needs: Manager, Visitor Information Centre (VIC) and MBTCC Board Administrator. MBTCC is open to hiring a single individual to fulfill both roles or hire two different persons for these positions.
Position Title: Manager, Visitor Information Centre
Classification: VIC Seasonal (May 23 – October 30, 2021) – Part time (Nov-May)
Hours: 35-42 hrs per week (May-Oct) and part time 10-12 hrs per week (Nov-May)
Position Title: Chamber Administrative Assistant
Classification: Part time
Hours: 10-12 hours per week through the year
Position Description: Manager, VIC
To manage the Mahone Bay Visitor Information Centre (VIC) and supervise summer student staff during the tourist season and provide administrative support to the MBTCC year-round. As VIC Manager the role will provide information and services that encourage positive tourism experiences in Mahone Bay and surrounding area. The Manager will have a good knowledge of Mahone Bay, its attractions, geography, and culture as well as the ability to communicate this to the public, tourism service operators and interest groups and stakeholders including TIANS.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure high levels of customer service to all visitors and customers
• Supervise and schedule staff, provide and facilitate on-the job training and orientation
• Manage and/or oversee student-generated general Social Media activities on behalf of VIC
• Meet the requirements of the Visitor Information Centre Quality Standards Program
• Follow the Visitor Information Centre Operations Guide
• Work with the Mahone Bay Tourism and Chamber of Commerce (MBTCC) VIC committee on the management of the budgets, bookkeeping, guest statistics record keeping, and financial management of the facility
• Submit activity reports and financial statements on a monthly basis and a year-end report to the Committee, and TIANS at the end of the season
• Preparation of needed correspondence by letter or email, create posters, signs, etc. as required
• Adhere to all provincial and municipal Occupational Health and Safety policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures
• Must participate in all training programs as directed
• As requested, attend tourism meetings and events to network and promote Mahone Bay
• Responsible for any required media relations, as directed and approved by the Board of the MBTCC
Position Description: Board Administrator
As Board Administrator the position will be required to take direction from the board chair, or when unavailable, the vice-chair, to fulfill a variety of administrative tasks, including but not limited to managing grant applications; organizing and aiding in preparation of board meetings; Chamber membership management (billing & renewals); office management; website administration and management.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Attend monthly board and committee meetings, preparing the agenda beforehand as directed by the Chair; take minutes during meetings; and work closely with committees as requested.
• Work with the bookkeeper, to ensure finances are administered in accordance with Board requirements; and generate reports and track expenses and income on all projects, working closely with the committees involved.
• Register new members which may include processing payment, updating lists, updating website directory, preparing and sending out membership packages, updating e-mail distribution lists and welcoming them on our social media pages.
• Maintain a current membership files, updating any changes from the renewal application.
• Track members who have Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance, ensuring that Insurance providers are notified with changes to these memberships including those no longer members.
• Talking and engaging with existing and potential members on the benefits to being a part of the MBTCC.
• Complete monthly visits to member businesses and visit other businesses to promote and solicit membership and provide the MBTCC Board with proactive suggestions of how to promote, engage and retain memberships based on feedback.
Website and social media
• Work closely with the Internet Chair and Secretary to keep the MBTCC website current with upcoming events & Chamber news.
• Keeping the member directory up to date through engagement with the Membership Chair,
• Handle maintenance of the website and social media accounts by contacting the appropriate people (website host, administrator, etc.)
• Post upcoming events & other news to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn in consultation with the Internet and Membership Chairs.
• Prepare the monthly newsletter in consultation with the Membership Chair and Board in a timely manner.
• Highly organized, personable, and outgoing. Enthusiastic and enjoys interacting with others
• Have excellent verbal/written communication skills combined with a genuine desire to assist others
• Have knowledge and experience with computer/web-based accounting software program(s)
• Have a basic understanding of sales/marketing strategies and social media platforms
• Able to work evenings and weekends as necessary
Please send applications to email@example.com and define which position(s) you are seeking to fill. The position(s) will remain open until filled. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Leave A Comment